Once again I am doing the food log. I didn’t do it last year. I had another idea I wanted to accomplish but that fell flat. It would’ve been nice if I just did the food log. I have lots of projects I am trying to do this year. The food log seemed like a good idea again. I don’t count calories or look at the portion size. I am doing this for the same reason I did it the first time. I am just curious as to what I eat. Below is what I drank for the first month of this year. I also would like to add that when the year ends, I will tally up the same things I tallied up back in 2010. Be silly to count things and show you a graph and not compare this from 2 years ago. I still don’t know what else I have planned for this project.I am sure I will do a nice update 6 months in. Be patient. Anyway, read on. Here is what I drank in January of 2010 and now here begins the food log for 01/2012.
The final month. It is all down to this night. Being that I like alcohol, I still cannot post this till the strike of midnight. I am planning on being up past midnight. If I drink too much or drink too fast, then I won’t be. I’ll be passed out somewhere. I will also be posting a collection of some things I ate and drank in a graph. It’ll be nice to see some of the items added up through this entire year. I will not be adding everything up. It’ll be a very tedious process and not to mention, I don’t think it’s important to know if I ate just a single grain of rice. But with the year ending, I am completed this amazing task. Take a look at the final stats for the month of December.
I always think I drank more coffee than what I have listed. I might have. Like I have said before, I could have missed some items here and there. I’m not perfect. For the month of December I had a total of, 66 coffees. One of those coffees, I am drinking right now. Let’s take a look at the breakdown.
- 22 of the coffees were Caribou Coffees.
- 13 were had at Bob Evans.
- the last of the coffees were Folgers. I had a total of 31.
I am very shocked and somewhat disappointed with myself with how much I drank this month. I like drinking. It’s just what I do. But to see the number I came up with this month, I cannot think of words to express it. I did tally it up a few nights ago. I was a bit drunk while I was counting. I had added wrong and came to a crazy number. The number you’ll see is still out there but the number I originally amassed was far higher than what I actually drank. For the month of December, I had a total of 122 alcoholic beverages. I wonder what a liver is going for on the black market.
- 119 of there were bud light bottles.
- 4 were bud lights in glass mugs.
- 1 was at a Mexican restaurant
- 3 were had at a bar.
- 1 was at a Mexican restaurant
- 3 were shots of Sailor Jerry Rum (I puked. :( )
This was a low month for soda Shocking. Guess all the beer drinking took away from the caffeine. I had a total of 40 sodas this month. To see what they are, scroll down.
- 37 of these were Coke.
- 22 of those were had at work.
- 12 were cans of Coke.
- 1 was a 20 oz plastic bottle.
- 1 was a Medium Coke from McDonald’s.
- 1 was a glass of Coke from a Mexican restaurant.
- The last 3 were Pepsi.
- 1 was a can of Diet Pepsi.
- 1 was a Pepsi from Popeye’s.
- 1 was a Pepsi from a Pizza Place.
Juice, Milk, Water & Etc…
I am just going to combine these again. Since they aren’t drastic numbers like the others, this will be suffice.
- 19 glasses of water.
- 7 Milks
- 1 was Strawberry milk.
- 6 were Chocolate milk.
- 1 was Strawberry milk.
- 1 Starbucks Hot Chocolate.
- 8 Juices.
- 1 Capri Sun Apple.
- 1 Capri Sun Grape.
- 1 Capri Sun Fruit Punch.
- 4 Oranges Juices.
- 3 were at Bob Evans.
- 1 was a Minute Maid Juice at work
This is the last of what I drank for the year of 2010. Happy New Year!
When I began this project, I was great at getting the information posted within a few days after the month. As of lately, I haven’t. I am 2 months behind. There is two days left of the year and I have to get this completed before the clock strikes 2011. Below is the list of what I drank during the month of October. There is one big change to my coffee drinking. The company I work for switched over to a new coffee brand. We once offered superior coffee. I liked it. Hell, I like coffee. It really doesn’t matter where the eff it comes from. Coffee is good. With the change, we now offer a top dollar brand. We proudly serve Caribou coffee. I like it. I can’t do the heavier coffee. Bold coffee or anything close to it, hurts my stomach. It gives me chest pains. I drink a lighter coffee they offer.To sum up the month of October,
I had a total of 68 coffees during the month of October. Most of the coffee I drink is at work. I do have coffee at home but I don’t drank it unless I am hungover (which is becoming a regular thing now) or I have a day off and wake up early enough to brew myself some.
- 5 of these coffees were from Quiktrip. If my schedule at work alters from the normal, I head here for a cup to drink before we start brewing our own coffee at work. I am seldom here. But when you need coffee, you find yourself coffee.
- 3 of these coffees were Starbucks. As I said earlier, we switched our coffee at work to a better, more upscale coffee. We have a Starbucks in our store. I don’t need that much coffee. This is a pretty low number compared to the previous amount of Starbucks I normally drink.
- Another 3, were Folger’s coffee I brewed at home. I do love those instant bags of coffee.
- 8 were had at Bob Evans.
- 49 coffees were had at work.
- Of those, 37 were Caribou coffees.
- The other 12 were the old coffee my store once offered.
I had at total of 58 sodas during the month of October. That’s a little more than the previous month but judging by how much I drink each month, it’s a safe and average number. Of that soda,
- 55 were cokes.
- 28 were had at work.
- 1 was a 12 oz styrofoam cup
- 27 were my normal 20 oz styrofoam cups.
- 14 were cans of coke
- 2 were the plastic 20 oz. bottles of coke
- 3 were large cokes I had at the movies (Soul To Take, Paranormal Activity 2, Saw 3D)
- 8 were from dining out
- 2 were from a local restaurant (Tommy’s)
- 3 were form McDonald’s
- 2 were from Subway
- 1 was from Burger King
- 28 were had at work.
- 3 were Pepsi’s.
This is really a bad habit I need to break. I like drinking. I just find myself drinking more excessively these last few months. It is almost 2011. I guess I could make a resolution. I say that now but I won’t. Anyway, for the month of October, I had a total of 65 alcoholic drinks. Oh, look! That’s one less than September! I guess I am cutting back!
- 56 of these beverages were Bud Light
- 52 were bud light bottles.
- 2 were tall mugs at a local bar.
- 2 were bud light cans (I hate cans!)
- 8 were Budweiser bottles.
- 1 was a miller light can.
I drank a total of 6 juices in October.
- 3 were orange juices had at Bob Evans.
- 3 were minute maid juices drank at work.
- 1 cranberry grape juice
- 1 cranberry apple raspberry juice
- 1 orange juice
Here is the rest of the crap I drank during the month of October.
- 5 chocolate milk pints
- 1 chick-fila lemonade
- 27 8oz tumblers of fresh H20.
Here are the stats for the month of September. While I was writing up the list of everything, it looked as if I didn’t eat much. I am going to blame this on work. With longer hours now, I find myself being lazy when I get home. Before the school year started, I was working maybe 9 hour days. Now I am working 12 hour days. Not always but it usually 10 – 12 hours a day. Too lazy to cook. Too lazy to go out. I skip eating at night. Not smart but I am just lazy.
I had a total of 11 donuts.
- 10 were Maple Cinnamon Rolls.
- 1 was a mini blueberry munchkin.
I still eat way too many cookies. The month of September, I had 25 cookies.
- 4 were Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Subway).
- 12 were Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 9 from work.
- 3 were made by my sister.
- 1 was a Chips Ahoy Oatmeal Chew Cookie.
- 5 M&M Cookies.
- 1 mini cookie.
- 4 large m&m cookies.
- 2 Snickerdoodles.
- 1 Peanut Butter Cookie.
I must have craved candy a lot that month. I don’t each much candy but there are times I just want it. I had 7 pieces of candy.
- 2 mini snickers.
- 1 reese’s cup.
- 2 caramello bars.
- 2 twix bars (4 total)
Bagels & Muffins:
Since these two things are about the same, I am classing them together. I had 3 bagels and a total of 3 muffins.
- 1 Blueberry Bagel.
- 2 were Plain Bagels with strawberry bagel sauce.
- 1 was a mini chocolate chip muffin.
- 2 were blueberry.
- 1 was a jumbo blueberry muffin.
- 1 was a mini blueberry muffin.
I had only 2 yogurts in the month of September. I miss yogurt. It’s one thing I really do enjoy eating.
- 1 was a strawberry yogurt.
- 1 was a raspberry yogurt with granola.
Other Sweet Treats:
Here is a list of the other sweet treats I ate during this month. With all this crap I eat, you’d think I would have cavities. I don’t go to the dentist (i should) and when I did go, I was told I had one cavity. It was actually a wisdom tooth I was having removed. Lucky.
- 2 Cinnamon Biscuits.
- 2 were strawberry pop tarts.
- 1 bowl of chocolate ice cream.
- 2 vanilla ice cream sandwiches.
- 3 pieces of cake.
- 1 was my sister’s carrot cake.
- 1 was a strawberry cake.
- 1 was a white cake (they looked like boobs. ha. I said ‘boobs’.)
- 1 was a Hostess’ cherry pot pie.
- 2 cupcakes.
- 1 was a maple cupcake (so rich!)
- 1 was a chocolate cupcake.
- 4 20 piece chicken nuggets (7 bbq & 5 sweet/sour)
- 1 Burger King Whopper with cheese.
- 1 order of onion rings.
- 1 Subway Cold Cut Combo
- 1 bag of Sun Chips (Monterey Jack & Sundried Tomatoes)
- 2 Quarter Pounder with cheese.
- 1 Double Quarter Pounder with cheese.
- 1 Cheeseburger
- 1 Sausage, Egg & Cheese biscuit.
- Handful of fries.
- 1 BLT Bagel (had at airport)
- 2 Farmer’s Choice at Bob Evans
- 4 eggs over easy
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 4 hotcakes
- 2 orders of white toast
- 1 Philly Time Deluxe Cheesesteak
- 1 order of Philly Time onion rings.
- 1 Trip to the Clean Place
- 2 orders of General Tso Chicken.
- 2 orders of Beef & Broccoli.
- 2 orders of steamed rice.
- 2 orders of plain sweet & sour chicken.
- 1 3 piece Popeye’s Chicken (1 leg & 2 thighs)
- 1 Popeye’s biscuit.
- 1 Popeye’s mashed potatoes and gravy.
- 1 trip to Pizza Street
- 2 slices of Baked Potato Pizza.
- 1 slice of Pepperoni.
- 2 slices of Alfredo Pizza.
- 2 slices of Cheese Pizza.
- 1 slice of Pineapple & Canadian Pizza.
- 1 piece of cherry crisp pie.
- 1 cinnamon roll.
- 1 bag of Nacho Salsa Combos.
Eating At Work:
- 1 Turkey Club (4 miracle whips)
- 1 bag of Garden Salsa Sun Chips.
- 2 Sausage Muffin Sandwiches.
- 1 Chicken Enchilada
- 1 side of macaroni and cheese.
- 1 side of mashed potatoes and beef gravy.
- 1 yeast roll.
- 2 pieces of smoked chicken (2 thighs)
- 1 side of baked beans.
- 3 orders of medium spicy beef lo mein (no vegetables, no oyster sauce)
- 2 All You Can Eat Pizza Days
- 4 slices of pineapple and canadian pizza.
- 2 slices of sausage pizza.
- 2 slices of pepperoni pizza.
- 1 slice of thin crust cheese pizza.
- 1 Chicken Strip Wrap (lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo)
- 1 order of macaroni and cheese.
- 1 BBQ Pork Sandwich. (mixed with baked beans)
- 1 order of macaroni and cheese.
- 1 order of baked apples.
- 3 General Chicken/Orange Chicken.
- 3 orders of steamed rice (2 sugars per order)
- 2 Sloppy Joe Sandwiches.
- 1 large
- 1 small.
- 1 side of tator tots.
- 1 BLT Sandwich.
- 1 Riblette Sandwich.
- 1 side of baked beans.
Eating at Home/Brother’s:
- 2 Brats.
- 1 Beef Hot Dog.
- 1 side of baked beans.
- 3 slices of Sol’s homemade Pepperoni Pizza.
- 1 Homemade Breakfast at Brother’s.
- 4 eggs scrambled.
- 4 pieces of bacon.
- 7 hotcakes.
- 3 biscuits.
- 1 plate of Spaghetti and sauce.
- 1 side of wheat toast.
- 1 plate of pot roast.
- 1 side of mashed potatoes.
- 1 big plate of Macaroni and cheese.
- 1 bag of original sun chips.
- 6 slices of Papa John’s Pizza
- 4 hot and 2 nuked.
- 1 bits and pieces of Black Walnut.
- 30 Valerian Root Pills.
- 1 steak.
- 2 sides of baked beans.
- 1 side of boiled potatoes.
- 1 helping of Oatmeal.
Snacking At Work:
- 1 1/2 slices of a smoked Cheese Pizza.
- 1 tiny chicken tender tot.
- 1 piece of French Toast Stick.
- 1 Pancake on a Stick.
- 6 strawberries.
- 3 slices of Tony’s Cheese Pizza.
- 1 slice of Colby/Pepperjack Cheese.
- 1 small taste of cheese sauce.
- 1 taste test of Sloppy Joes.
Looks like my eating habits are getting worse. I best try and eat healthy. If I don’t eat healthy, at least try and cook more at home. I say that all the time but it never happens. We’ll see. I will have October’s stats up within a week or so.
Like before, I am behind in updating the stats. I really need to knock these out. We only have two more months left in the year. I was planning on doing a 6 months stat of what I drank and ate but that never happened. Hopefully, I can do it for the whole year. I am extremely proud that I have kept this up. I thought I would fail midway through. Someone I worked with said I would only last 2 or 3 months before I stopped. I proved her wrong. I thought I would make it at least 6 months, maybe 8. I do slack on logging the food and drinks now. Every night before bed I would log the food into outlook. For the past 2 weeks, I don’t do it till the next day. I just have to change the date settings on the computer to make sure it is logged correctly. It would be a disaster if I was off by one day. Everything would be ruined. I bet you’re asking yourself right now, ‘what did Kirk drink the month of September?’. Okay. I’ll tell you.
During the month of September, I had a whopping total of 62 coffees. That’s a little less than the month of August. It seems like a normal average of mine. Anywhere between 50-70 coffees a month. I don’t think I have ever hit 70 coffees though.
- 6 of those were Starbucks coffee. I have toned down a lot on Starbucks coffee. The last month (October) will explain the reason why I really don’t drink Starbucks anymore. I am not saying I don’t drink it but another alternative has fallen into my lap.
- 2 were Starbucks via coffees.
- 3 were large Starbucks coffees.
- 1 was a small Starbucks coffee.
- 1 was a QT coffee.
- 1 was a Caribou Coffee.
- 6 were from my friend, Bob Evans.
- 10 were Folgers Coffees.
- The rest were at work. I had a total of 38 coffees.
I love coffee way too much. I don’t think I drink the most out of anyone. But it is my normal drink in the morning when I arrive at work. Nothing beats a hot cup of coffee at 5am.
I still drink soda. I still call it soda. I had 54 sodas during the month of September. Still sounds like a decent number. I am still a stickler for Pepsi and Coke. It would be a rare occurrence if you saw another soda on the list.
- 51 of those were Coke.
- 20 were cans of coke.
- 1 was a plastic 20 oz. bottle of coke.
- 21 of those were had at work.
- 5 of those were from McDonald’s
- 2 medium sizes.
- 3 large sizes.
- 1 from Popeye’s.
- 1 from the Clean Place.
- 1 was from a Biscuit Place out in North Carolina. (Biscuitville)
- 1 was from Burger King.
- The last 3 were Pepsi’s.
- 1 was from Popeye’s.
- 1 was had at Pizza Street.
- 1 was from (if you’re ever in Kansas City, check it out!) Philly Time
I was looking at the month of June. I don’t know what happened that month. I barely drank. It was like 25. The month of September, I had 66! Less than the previous month (77 in August). I am scared to see what October brings. I feel like I am drinking more and more every day. So long, Liver. You were a good friend.
- 60 were Bud Lights. My favorite beer. I drink others but I choose this. Breaking it down more,
- 10 were cans of Bud Lights. Not a fan of cans. But you take what you get.
- 43 were long neck bottles.
- 5 were from 54 Street Bar and Grill.
- 3 tall mugs.
- 2 small mugs.
- 2 were had at another bar. I cannot recall the name. I was sober. I just don’t recall the name.
- 2 were Natty Greene’s Wildflower. A pub and brewery out in North Carolina.
- 2 cans of Milwaukee’s Best.
- 2 were Budweiser Bottles.
I had 10 juices during the month of September. Two more than last month. It is about an average number for the amount of juices I drink per month. Breaking it down for ya!
- 1 was a Capri Sun Fruit Punch. Not sure if it’s really a juice but since the package says juice. I am going with juice.
- 1 was a Minute Maid Cranapple Raspberry Juice.
- 8 were Orange Juices.
- 2 were From Bob Evans.
- 5 were tall glasses of Minute Maid Orange Juices.
- 1 was a crappy canned orange juice I had on the plane.
I still take my Valerian Root pills. I doubt they do anything but it is one of those things I do now just because it is becoming a habit. I had a total of 25 waters that month.
- 18 were 8 oz. tumbler size waters. This is what I drink whenever I take the pills.
- 3 were tall glass bottles of water.
- 1 was a 20 oz. styrofoam water I had at work. I was probably having an attack and needed something to calm me down. I don’t recall. Maybe I was just thirsty.
- 1 was an aquafina 8 oz. plastic bottle.
- 2 were 10 oz. cups of water I had at work. Again, probably more attacks. I don’t just drink water cause I like the taste of it.
Other crap I drank this month.
- 1 10oz. lemonade.
- 7 chocolate milk pints.
- 1 Reese’s Shake*
*Not sure if you would consider this a food item or a drink item. It came in a cup. You got a straw. So it’s drink. But technically, you eat it. What do you think? Food or beverage?