Before I get into this blog entry, I want to apologize for not being more active on the posting. I keep forgetting to post things and when I do get the urge and the giddy feeling inside my heart to do so, I end up inviting people over and we drink, get stupid, and inadvertently, get HR after us for hanging with married women. But that story is for another day and when I say another day, I mean never. I am an open book when it comes to blogging but ask me things, personal things, I clam up. That may be why I am angry all the time and why I hate the world. People say we need to express our feelings but I rather not open up about how I feel about people or answer you when you ask me if I am okay. My answer will be always be, “yeah, I am fine. Now go eff off and leave me be.” I don’t tell them to eff off exactly. I am nicer about it but to get my point across and to amuse me for the sake and keeping up the persona of being an asshole and a total 5’11 of douchebaggery, I will stick to the “eff off” scenario if you stick to leaving me the hell alone. Sound good? Awesome. Now let’s get to me explaining why drinking is a downfall.
Note to readers: I have no idea what this post is about. I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind. Not sure how well it flows or even if there is an actual post attached. No worries. Enjoy it. I am sure it is funny. Most of my stuff is. It’s funny to me at least and if I do say so myself, I am a funny guy.
I am one of those people who just rather be alone than get married, make babies, and pollute this planet with annoying creatures that cry and beg for attention. I’ve dated. I’ve done that. I just like knowing that I can walk in my apartment and lounge around in my birthday suit without upsetting someone. That really doesn’t fall into the marriage category. I am sure if I was to be married, my wife would be ecstatic to see my in nothing but a pair of argyle socks and maybe a snapback. A roommate on the other hand, wouldn’t be for that. I’ve had roommates and we never measured our junk and never had penis sword fights. We ignored each other. We were like a married couple who when we did converse and see each other, it was to drink, smoke, and listen to some Jimmy Buffet. Life is much simpler when you’re alone. Life is too complicated when you’re married. Too many rules. Believe me. I have rules already when (if it ever happens) I get married. It won’t happen. I am fine with that. It’s my life, not yours. I just don’t need you to rub my solidarity in my face with snarky remarks and obvious attempts to show me once more that, I will be forever alone.
Its November. It’s the month of being thankful for things. What am I thankful for? Beer and coffee. I am thankful for those things. I am also thankful for the logging I have done with the food and drinks I have consumed this year. It is something I am proud of. I am very excited about tally up a number of things and seeing exactly what I ate and drank. Some questions I have,
- How many beers did I have?
- How much coffee did I drink?
- How many times did I go to McDonald’s, Burger King, Popeye’s?
- How many servings of mashed potatoes did I eat?
That is just some. I am working and have a few months tallied up. I will not go through every item I ate and drank but I will log and show you the items I know I excessively eat and drink. I got one more month left. Hell, I have just two more nights before this year is up. I know this log is flawed. I know I didn’t capture everything I ate. I am sure there are some things I might have missed. But to look back and see it, I did a fantastic job. I can go and say that the log is 99% accurate. That is how sure I am with the crap I ate. Tomorrow is going to be the final day. I am hoping to be up at midnight, well at least somewhat sober at the time to post the final log for the year. To post the last of the ’2010 food and drink log’. Too bad I can’t get famous for this. That’ll be awesome. Okay. Let’s get to the facts. Here are the results for the month of November. Here is everything I drank during the month of the Turkey.
This was a slow month for me and coffee. Normally, I drank over 60. This month I had 54. Let’s see how it all breaks down.
- 7 of those coffees were from Quiktrip. I remember going here more than normal. It’s not the worlds greatest coffee but like I said before, coffee is coffee.
- 23 of these were Caribou coffees.
- 22 were small cups.
- 1 was a larger cup. I have a thing against drinking from the larger cups at work. I like the smaller cups.
- 4 were Starbucks. I have really cut back on the Starbucks trek. I can recall when I would go here everyday. I am not upset. I can honestly say, I prefer Caribou over Starbucks.
- 3 were the large sizes. I like the large size Starbucks. I hate the small size. Funny how it’s reversed with coffee companies.
- 1 was a small size. It was bought by a friend. Beggars can’t be choosers. Free coffee is just that. Free.
- 9 were had at Bob Evans. Still looks right. I usually have about 3 cups per visit.
- 11 were had at home. They were all Folgers.
This is just an essential item in my life. Maybe I drink too more soda. Maybe the amount of caffeine I have is the cause of my attacks. I could use this food log to see if I could change my habits next year. But thinking about it, I won’t. If I was aware all year of the amount of soda and coffee I drank so far and I haven’t cut back, I can be sure as hell I won’t do it next year. Aside from that, I had a total of 51 sodas. Oh, look! That was less than less month. I am doing great! Less coffee and less soda. I wonder what my beer will amount to!
45 of these were cokes. The cokes break down to,
- 22 of these were had at work. Out of these,
- 20 were 20 oz size styrofoam cups.
- 2 were 10o oz size plastic cups.
- 14 were cans of coke.
- 2 were cokes in plastic cups had at our family’s Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 3 were had at McDonald’s.
- 2 were large sizes.
- 1 was a medium size coke.
- 3 were had at Chipotle
- 1 was a large coke had at Burger King.
The remaining 6 were Pepsi.
- 3 were had at Popeye’s.
- 1 was had at Ming Garden.
- 1 was had at Philly Time.
- 1 was a can of Pepsi.
Ah…my vice. The one thing that I sometimes drink far too much of. Not very wise but I am hoping for a low number. If last month I had 65, I hope I drank less. That will mean this could be the healthiest month of the year. I know next month (December) will not be the lowest month for my alcohol intake. Believe me. I’ve looked it up already. For the month of November, I had a total of 43. Holy live failure, Batman! That is low. I really didn’t drink much this month. I don’t know why. Maybe I worked too much. I don’t know. But this is low number. I’ll have to check my graph and see it is really is the lowest month for drinking alcohol.
- The total for the month, 43, were all Bud Lights.
- 40 were Bud Light Bottles.
- 3 were tall mugs had at the local bar.
This is the rest of the stuff I drank during the month of November.
- 20 8 oz tumbler size waters.
- 9 chocolate milk pints.
- 5 Orange Juices.
- 3 were had at Bob Evans.
- 2 were 16 oz size minute maid juices.
- 1 Strawberry Kiwi Hi-C
The end of another month. I am getting closer to the final blog. The food log will be up soon. It could be tonight or tomorrow. It really depends if I go to a friends house for a drink or 8. Hang tight.
I don’t know what happened. I really cannot explain why I slacked on the updating on my food and drink stats. My best guess is work. We started back up on our school accounts. They are a very tedious process and take all the life from me. That really isn’t an excuse. I do have days off. Lately, I have been blogging about the most random crap imaginable. I have finally decided to make the day that I return to getting updated with my stats. I am going to be posting one everyday. I say that now but come tomorrow, I’ll forget and get even further behind. Anyway, on with the stats.
Oh, and since I am behind, I am probably going to switch up the format I normally did. Being so far behind, I am not sure what I had for lunch or for breakfast. Maybe next month, I’ll go back to the way it was. Till then, I am doing it half-assed.
I had a total of 66 coffees. That is more than I had in the month of July. I still enjoy my cop of java in the morning and if I am off, I’ll fix me a cup or I head to Starbucks for a little something stronger.
- 4 of those coffees were from Starbucks. I was on vacation during this month. I wasn’t really for running around. I tended to be a recluse. Sure, I went out sometimes. But I stayed home and brewed my own. Which is why,
- 19 of those were Folger’s instant coffee.
- 10 were had at Bob Evans. The 10 I drank were had during my 3 visits to my favorite breakfast place.
- Finishing off the rest of my coffee, I had a total of 33 cups of coffee at work. Most days, I have two cups. There have been times I only have one. There’s been the rare occasions when I have 3. I get pretty wired on three. Too much coffee and it makes me jittery.
I am sorry. I love soda far too much to ever quit drinking it. As I was writing up the stats for the month of August, I was appalled at the amount I drank that month. I could slow down on drinking it. Ha. Like that’ll happen. During the month of August, I had a grand total of 62 sodas. Like normal,
- 58 were Coke
- 21 were had at work.
- 31 were cans of coke.
- 4 were the 20 oz plastic bottles of coke
- 1 was a large Burger King coke.
- 1 was had at the movies when I went to see, “Inception”
- 21 were had at work.
- 4 were Pepsi
- 1 was a can of Pepsi
- The last 3 were from take-out.
- 2 from Popeye’s Chicken
- 1 was from Ming Garden
I like juice. I am just not a very big juice drinker. When the year started, I was pretty good at having a juice about every few days. But that time has passed. I am back to skipping the juice and just going with the coffee.I had a measly 8 glasses of juice.
- 3 were Orange Juices had at Bob Evans.
- 3 were tall glasses of Minute Maid Orange Juices had at home.
- The last 2, were 16 oz. bottles had at work.
This is a given. I don’t think there is a week that goes by without me drinking someone bad for my liver. For the month of August, I had 77 alcoholic beverages.
- 72 were Bud Lights
- 15 were had at the Bars
- The other 57 were bud light bottles I had at home or at a friends house.
- 15 were had at the Bars
- 2 were Coronas
- 2 were Miller Lights
- 1 was a Natty Light
I am still in awe that I haven’t drank Captain Morgan in such a long time. I best be getting around to it again. I have 2 bottles sitting on my fridge. Soon. I’ll drink them soon.
This is the rest of the crap I drank during the month of August. I did drink water but compared to the month of July, it doesn’t compare. If I would have drank more of nature’s beverage, I’d have put it in its’ own category.
- 10 8 oz tumblers of water
- 1 32 oz. Powerade Fruit Punch
- 7 Chocolate Milk Pints
- 4 Tall glasses of Lemonade
There are the stats for the month of August. I will do my best to post the food I ate for this month tomorrow. Believe me, I hit myself every night for not keeping up to date with all this. I don’t like falling behind. There are plenty of post I am wanting to share but these have to get finished before I go out and change the subject again. Thank you for reading. I’ll see you next time.
I would like to apologize about my lack of updating. I am on a hiatus. Or, I was. I will explain it later in a some to come post. I had many chances to post the stats but I just didn’t have the urge to. I just kept saying, “tomorrow. I’ll do it tomorrow.” Guess I was wrong. Now, after 2 weeks, I finally found the energy I needed to get this posted. I will get the six months stats posted. I just have slacked on that too. Anyway, here are the stats from last month.
This is a shocker. I had only 48 coffees this month. This is the lowest number I have had all year for coffee. I don’t know why. I have been coming in later to work than normal. Maybe that is a reason why. It’s okay. I am sure next month (August) will be back to normal. I need my coffee. I like my coffee. It’s my drug. Let’s see where each of those cups came from.
- 15 of those were from Starbucks. More than last month. I only had 9 last month. I have been finding myself going their more than usual. Not a big deal. I was just happy I was cutting back on it.
- Normally, I can have close to 40 cups of coffee from work. This time around, I only had 20 of the small cups of coffee from work. That is a huge difference from the normal. Last month, I had close to 50. 47 to be exact. What on earth did I do to totally eff up my normal intake?
- The last of my coffee came from Bob Evans. I made 4 trips there. From all the refilling and my carefully and precise calculations, I had 13 cups of coffee from Bob. Which is about right. I have about 3 cups per visit.
Still my weakness. Something I doubt I will ever kick to the side. Gal at work is already at 2 weeks. Maybe less, maybe more. Still, she’s doing fantastic. I did it for a week. It wasn’t what was killing me. I thought it was. So since I took the caffeine out of the ‘why am I dying’ pile, I went back to over indulging in the sweet, sweet soda. Aside from my unnecessary babble, I had a grand total of 63. Sheet! It went up from last month. Even if you include the week without soda, it’s still more.
- 58 were Cokes.
- 25 of those were had at work.
- 25 were cans of Coke.
- 3 were from McDonald’s. All large sizes.
- 1 was from Burger King. If I was to edit the total amount of soda, it would be 62 3/4. I really only drank 3/4 of the coke from Burger King.
- 3 were the 20 oz. plastic bottles of coke.
- 1 was at the movies. I saw, “Dinner for Schmucks“.
- 5 were Pepsi’s.
- 2 were had at Pizza Street. Just a one time visit. Went back for a second cup.
- 1 was had at Philly Time.
- 1 was had at Ming Garden.
- 1 was a can of Diet Pepsi.
Not much just this month. I only had 7.
- 4 of those juices were Orange Juices I had at Bob Evans.
- 1 was a small minute maid juice I had at work.
- 2 small servings of a punch we made at work one day. It consisted of (squirt, hawaiian punch, pineapple juice)
I don’t know why I am bothering putting water on the list. Maybe I feel I need to as a reminder that I need to keep drinking it. I have been drinking it. I take it when I take a pill. I ran out of the pills last month. I just don’t drink water now. Oh well. For the month of July, I had a total of 27 waters.
- 1 was at the local bar. It must have been a crazy night. I bet it was.
- 17 were had at home after I took a pill or if I was being good, a glass before bed.
- 9 were at work. I was outside, working in the heat.
- 3 were 20oz. sizes.
- 6 were 10oz. sizes.
Look at me. Every month, I get closer to killing my liver. I am sure if I was to ever meet my liver on the street, he’d kick my ace. I had a total of 68 beers. Compared to last month, I had 43 more this month.
- 65 were my favorite beer, Bud Light.
- 58 of those were long neck bottles. I don’t like cans.
- 7 were had at the local hangout, 54th Street.
- 5 were the tall mugs.
- 2 were the smaller mugs. I tend to always get one more and the last one is always a small mug.
- 2 were Coor’s light bottles.
- 1 was a Miller light bottle.
I haven’t had Captain Morgan is such a long time. I need to get back to it. The bottles are still sitting on the top of my fridge. Maybe I’ll get the balls to dabble in the delicious rum I once craved all the time.
To finish of the list,
- 3 were the 32oz. size Fruit Punch Powerades.
- 1 was a pint size of Belfonte Chocolate Milk.
There you go, kiddies! I know you were all wondering what the eff I drank last month. Above is the crap I put into my body. Make sure you click on the next post to see the food I ate.