The month began like any other. I drink what I wanted. I ate what ever I felt like. God gave me this amazing gift of staying fit. Deal with it, mofo’s. I had a couple of attacks last month. I was determined to figure out what was causing it. I ruled out work. At first, I thought it was. Work is effin’ crazy. It’s a damn soap opera around there. I’ll save that for another post. Hell, with the amount of hoopla that goes on daily, I’d probably need an entire blog dedicated just to everyone’s antics.
Aside from work, I was still unsure. Could it be the food I eat? Could it be cause I smoke? Maybe the amount of soda I drink? I do drink a lot of soda. Tallying up January to April, I had a total of 222 servings.
Holy Carbonated Drinks, Batman!
Sometime during the month, I thought I needed to fix that. I drop the soda for a week. I know. I would have gone longer but I didn’t. I had no real excuse as to why I did. I wasn’t having caffeine withdrawls. Even when I went back to drinking it, I haven’t had any attacks. So I don’t think it’s the soda. But maybe, just maybe, it’s water. I don’t drink water. Read back at all the logs. I hardly drink it. But I have continued to drink it each night before bed. I take my pills and a small glass of water each night. If anything, I can say drinking water is keeping me alive. Let’s jump to the log. What crazy crap did I put in my body this time?
I still drink a lot of coffee. It’s the one drink I will never rid myself of. My mother drank coffee for years. She lost the taste of this delicious beverage when she was pregnant with my older sister. Thankfully, I am a man. For the month of May, I had a total of 69 coffees. To break it down,
- 3 of those were large Starbucks coffees. I don’t miss Starbucks. I am not trying to save money. I just don’t drink it as much. How is that for starting with about 26 the start of the year?
- 57 of those were coffees I had at work. I grab a cup every morning I get to work. I usually cap it off at 2 but some days, I’ll get three. When I do, I break my rule of using public restrooms.
- 4 of the coffees were my Foldger’s I drink at home. I am out at the moment and haven’t restocked my cabinet. If I had, the amount would be more.
- 5 of these were coffees at Bob Evans. It’s tough to measure these when they constantly come by and refill my cup. Look. I just took a sip. I don’t need a refill. I want to finish my cup, log it, and then you can refill it. But it’s okay I guess. I manage to estimate the amount I drink.
At one point during the month, I wanted to see if soda was the reason for my attacks. I did go a week without soda and I didn’t have one. I fell off the wagon and went back to drinking soda. I still have yet to have an attack. They are still random. Hopefully I will eventually discover what’s causing it.
This month, I had a total of 44 sodas. Quite impressive I must say. To date, I have had a total of, 266 sodas. That’s everything, from cans of coke to the drinks I have at work.
- 41 of the sodas I drank were Coke.
- 17 of those Cokes, I had on break at work. Out of 15 days, I only went for a second cup on 1 day.
- 19 of those were cans of Coke.
- 2 of those were from McDonald’s
- 1 was a large Coke
- 1 was a medium Coke
- 1 was a large Coke from Burger King
- 2 were from the local movie theatre. I went to see, “Iron Man II” and “Shrek 4”.
- The last 3 were Pepsi.
- 1 was from Philly Time
- 1 was from a trip to Popeye’s (the clean one)
- 1 was from Pizza Street
I drank just this month but not as much I did the month before. In the month of April, I had 10. This month, I had 5.
- 4 of those Orange Juices.
- 2 were had when I made my monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) trip to Bob Evans.
- 2 were 16 oz. bottles of Minute Maid Orange Juices.
- 1 was a 16 oz. bottle of Minute Maid Cranberry Grape Juice.
I looked at my stats and it seems I drank more than I thought I did. Maybe it was the bottle or two I would enjoy after a drama filled day at work. No matter. I am not going to cut this out of my life. I like vices. Miami especially. This month, I had 49 liver ruining alcoholic beverages.
- 4 of those were shots of Captain Morgan Lime. It’s new to me. I don’t know where I stand on it quite yet. I mean, I like it but it has a strong lime flavor. I guess it’ll get you to drink more without knowing how much it’s inebriating you.
- 45 were Bud Lights.
- 41 of those, were long neck bottles I had at home. Much more than last months, 23.
- 4 of those, I had at 54 Street Bar & Grill. (or is it, Grill and Bar?)
- 1 was a small mug.
- 3 were tall mugs.
I do enjoy a nice pint of milk every so often during a slow period of my morning. I get to work early. I work my ass off for 5 hours. After things slow down and I get cleaned up, I stroll over and get a milk and sometimes I’ll enjoy yogurt with it or get a bagel. There is no formula to it. It’s just a spur of the moment kind of thing. This month I had 10. It’s the same amount I had last month too.
- 9 of them were chocolate.
- 1 was a white milk.
I was a big milk drinker when I younger. I don’t crave it much any more. I tried white milk and it was nasty. I don’t know why. I loved milk. Chocolate milk is better. It isn’t great for you but anything that taste good is never good for you.
Did I really drink that much water this month!? Did water finally make the upper portion of my list of drinks I had the current month. You bet it did! This might be the reasoning behind the whole attack fiasco I go through. Since I have started to drink water on a regular basis, I haven’t had attacks. I have a water every night before bed. Let me tally up all the water I have had for the year. January through April, I had a total of 16 1/3 glasses of water. Last month, I had 25. I had more this month than I did the first 3 month of the year. Let me break it down for ya,
- 7 of the waters I had at work on break.
- 2 were had at the local “54” when I was Mcdrinking.
- 16 were 8oz. tumbler size waters.
Here is the rest of the items I drank this month. I was debating if I should have added my fruit drinks to the list. I mean, I did have a number of those. But I am not sure if it’ll become a regular thing for me. If it does, then it will move to the upper section of the food log.
- 1 was a glass of pink lemonade I had at home.
- 6 were fruit drinks.
- 3 were Fruit Punch Powerades.
- 2 were 32oz. sizes.
- 1 was a 20oz. size.
- 3 were Fruit Punch Gatorades.
- 2 were 32oz. sizes.
- 1 was a 20oz. size.
That ends the stats for what I drank last month. Sorry for delaying this stats. I would say I was busy but that would be a lie. I was lazy. Maybe a little busy. But I was more lazy than anything. I cannot say when the food stats will be posted but they will. Keep looking. Thanks for reading.