Summertime isn’t the only time to host a tea party for friends and loved ones. You can do it anytime of the year. However, there are a few basic rules one must follow when hosting a tea party. Follow these few simple tasks and your tea party will be as sweet as the tea itself.
1. Never send out invitations: Most people ignore this rule. It might be the best idea to notify friends, but there is no need to send out invites. You’re just wasting time and killing trees. Your best option is to just announce it. Do it before a meal or right after. Mention the party and ask them if they want to come. Some will refuse but fear not. Even if they refuse, they are still invited. When I say “invite” I mean demand. They have to come. No matter what.
BE SURE YOU ARE AT YOUR OWN HOUSE. YOU ARE THE HOST. THEY ARE GUESTS IN YOUR HOME. IF THEY WANT TO BE A GOOD GUEST, THEY WILL STAY. LEAVING WILL JUST MAKE THEM LOOK BAD.
2. Gather supplies: After your guest get comfortable, gather the needed supplies. First off, make sure you have enough cups. Sometimes the cups will be hiding under your bed or under a table. Search them out. If you do fall short on cups (and I hope you don’t), just use the sugar cup for drinking. Plates are not needed. If you feel like using them, then go ahead. You’ll need a tea kettle. We will talk more about how to make the tea in a bit. When your guest need to mix the tea, offer them a spoon. Let them know that they will have to wait turns. You will only need one spoon. No need to dirty more dishes.
3. Making the tea: Now that you have everything you need, it is time to show off your skills in the kitchen. This is a very simple tea to make. It takes less than ten seconds to make, even a baby can make it. Best part, you don’t even need to be in the kitchen to make it! You can do it right in the comfort of your own living room. Make sure you have enough space. Sometimes, this can get messy!
THE PERFECT TEA
1 can of Pepsi
1 full pepper shaker
1 teaspoon sugar
Open the can of Pepsi (If you are watching your weight, you can use use diet) and pour it in to a cup. Next, break the top off the pepper shaker and slowly pour the entire shaker into the Pepsi. Mix thoroughly. After the pepper is mixed in, follow it up with a teaspoon of sugar. Mix again. Then enjoy! This is a perfect tea for anytime. It is very refreshing. The sweetness from the sugar blends perfectly with the pepper, giving it that special flavor.
4. Entertaining your guest: While your guest enjoy the tea, it is up to you to provide the entertainment. One good idea is to dance. It doesn’t matter if you’re good or not, the will still get a good laugh. A favorite dance among many tea drinkers, is the booty shake. If they crave more, try these two others- “Who can fall asleep the fastest?” and, “The cleaning game”. Please consult your parents for more games to play.
5. Offer seconds: After everyone is finished with their first cup, offer another one. They will decline but put your foot down. Everyone deserves seconds! Use force if need be. Steal the cup from their hands and pour them that second cup they are too scared to ask for.
6. Ending the party: All good things must come to an end, even tea parties. Keep serving that tea. Serve it all till the last guest leaves. You don’t want to be wasteful. Plus, the guest will thank you. If you’re not worried about losing cups, offer them a cup for the road. Know this. You will never see that cup again. You might want to ask your parents first before giving out cups. Thank everyone for coming.
7. Cleaning up: What a mess! It’s time to clean up. No, not the game. Real cleaning! Wait! I don’t mean you. There is no need for you to lift a finger. You just hosted a party ans you’re probably tired. It is best to give the responsibilities to your aunt, uncle, or your parents. They can do it. Besides, you’re just a baby. You shouldn’t clean. You need to enjoy your youth.
8. Pat yourself on the back: You just hosted your first tea party! Hope it went perfect. No worries. Get yourself back to the store. Cause tomorrow, you’ll be doing it all over again!